Project Type: Shipbuilding and Marine Consulting
Customer: China Machinery Engineering Corporation (CMEC)
Product: Supply of 8000 M3 Hopper Suction Dredger to the General Company for the Ports of Iraq (GCPI)
- Represented CMEC to Iraq Ministry of Transportation and
promoted CMEC in as the supplier of choice for dredgers.
- Advised CMEC on Iraq’s specific dredging requirements
- Facilitate face to face technical negotiations between CMEC and GCPI and achieved agreement on all technical details.
- Facilitated face to face commercial negotiations between CMEC and the GCPI and ultimately achieved the goal of getting a contract signed between CMEC and Iraq.
- Facilitated the Dredger’s sea trial in China on behalf of CMEC and successfully negotiated trial acceptance by GCPI.
- Assisted CMEC with the commercial aspects deal such as performance bonds and letters
of credits in Iraq.
- Facilitated transportation within the territory of Iraq together with necessary security
measures for CMEC’s personnel travelling to Iraq.